- Followers 0
- Following 0
- Updates 0
Don's label has a catalog of recent works as well as a growing roster of independent artists w...
Don's longrunning radio show on KKUP Cupertino and Radio Marabu across Europe.
An experimental music radio show.
By home, 2016-08-02
13 songs more or less in a rock style by Don Campau. Ably assisted by Greg Gray, Russ Stedman, Al Perry, Ken Clinger, Robin O'Brien, Skot Stickler and Bryan Baker. This is a collection of B Sides, outtakes, one off collaborations, instrumentals and misfit songs that didn't fit onto other releases.
Each cover is handmade on special paper imported from Thailand. Domestic shipping is free and included in $7 price. Please write www.doncampau.com for international shipping costs.
Mastered by Blair Hardman at Zone Recording in Cotati California. Produced by Don Campau at home in Santa Rosa California.
By home, 2015-01-31
originally released on cassette in 1991
- it didnt matter: with eric muhs, drums, synth, lyrics, vocals
- no one knows: with john and peter hinds, production and rums
- the verdict is in: with lord litter, guitars, bass, drums
- tape a message: with lord litter, keys, bass, drums
- my intuition: with peggy martinez, vocals
- ive got a policy: with lord litter, guitars, bass, drums
- seven good examples: with eric muhs, bass drums, lyrics, production
- spin on the wheel: don solo
- dont play with matches: with lord litter,guitars, bass, keys, drums
- i came from outer space: with lord litter, vocals, bass, lyrics, production
- new set of rules: with lord litter, guitars, bass, drums
- i wont fear love: don solo
- franny spencer: with dino dimuro, vocals, guitar, lyrics
- everything i do is wrong: with lord litter, guitars, bass, drums
- promise to be there: with eric muhs, bass, production; greg gray, drums
- all ive got is music: with eric muhs, lead guitar, bass; greg tray, drums
don campau: vocals, lyrics, guitars, bass, keyboards
lonely whistle music 1991
Campau has been active in the cassette network for a long time, which means he's had ample opportunity to take many musical turns. It also means he's made some frindships along the way with other home recording artists. Those of you familiar with the scene will recognize the names of people Don collaborated with on this tape. Lord Litter, Eric Muhs, Dino DiMuro, Peter and John Hinds and Greg Gray all contribute heavily to the songs here. And, not surprisingly, given the fact that all of the above (with the exception of vocalist Peggy Martinez and drummers Gray and Peter Hinds) are outstanding guitarists, this is a tape of guitar-oriented cuts. Some of 'em are just all-out jams, while others are rockin' songs with riffs a'plenty. The styles are varied too. DiMuro's compositional, almost classical style; Muhs' sonicly experimental playing, Hinds' intense free-form and Litter's cowpoke/space/jazz odessey are brought together to make a tape that remains as helplessly disparate as the differing styles assembled, yet never falls apart — in fact it's quite a wild and highly recommended ride. This is the the kind of tape that inspires home recording artists to get out of the home and play with other people, do some basement jamming, see what the other person can bring out in you. -- Bryan Baker (GAJOOB 6/30/1992)